Saturday, March 29, 2014

Somehow Rami's photo didn't post so I'll try again. If all goes well, it will show the picture of a box of malaria tests also.


Following I will show you photos of our kitchen and bathroom  We have not had hot water since we arrived, so showers are invigorating!  There is no air conditioning so we sleep with a fan inside our mosquito netting every night.  The rooms in our place are quite generous in size except for the kitchen.  It is the smallest room and not the most user friendly kitchen I've ever seen!





The next picture makes me laugh because it is what I see when I stand in front of my bathroom mirror.  (That is the top of my head you are looking at!)

Yesterday was a zone conference for the missionaries.  There were 8 of the young men missionaries and 6 of us old whiteys that met.  The young men were sharp---smart, prepared and enthusiastic.  When we sang hymns, they absolutely filled the chapel with sound.  They sing harmonies that are not written 
on the page and with gusto.  It started at 9:00am and went until 4:30pm.  The Church here is in its infancy.  Most of the branch presidents have only been members for 2 or 3 years.But, watching the members and the missionaries makes me remember how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life and how beautiful and simple the truths of the gospel are.


No comments:

Post a Comment